Did you see it?

Photobucket

Well, if you didn’t get a chance to head out last night to witness the total lunar eclipse, here are some pictures of what happened. Last night here in Cincinnati, the eclipse began around 8:30 or so, and continued until the Earth completely blocked the suns light from reflecting off of the moon, and then slowly recessed back, which began around 10:50 I believe. Brett and I braved the single digit weather to get out and get some cool shots. The eclipse caused the moon to look an orangy-red color, which was just beautiful. This will be the last TOTAL lunar eclipse until December 21st, 2010.

This kind of stuff makes me oh so happy, being able to view the handiwork of God, right before our eyes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

February 21, 2008 - 1:52 pm

lucy - i decided to stay inside my home all nice and toasty last night because i knew some bozo would be out there taking pictures of the eclipse in that bone chilling weather. thanks for going the distance. they are beautiful.

February 21, 2008 - 3:01 pm

Anonymous - beautiful shots by beautiful peeps

February 21, 2008 - 3:15 pm

rebecca-linh - those are beautiful shots!!

February 21, 2008 - 10:54 pm

Jill - Brett/Jesse

These are really cool. They look like National Geographic with an artsy flair. I like your comments about God’s handiwork. -Jill

February 21, 2008 - 11:15 pm

Eric - Behold the handiwork of God! Great shots.

February 28, 2008 - 6:57 pm

Jane - Awesome photos! Thanks so much for sharing them w/your family in Virginia!

October 27, 2010 - 2:33 pm

Rachel EB - Ok so this is an old post, I know, but I am obsessed with yall’s blog lately and I’m reading backwards. I LOVE these lunar eclipse shots and was wondering if you wouldn’t mind sharing your settings for taking these: were you on a tripod? shutter remote? I want to try since the next one is coming up!!!