mary {a senior session}

Oh my goodness, WHERE do I BEGIN with the little gal!!! :)  When I received a call from her Mom a couple months back, she told me that Mary was dreading Senior photos because they are all so canned and cheesy.  Her Mom was considering flying her to LA to be photographed by someone who had done head-shots for Mary’s sister (who is out there living her acting dreams).  When Mary saw the blog of her friend Holly that I did back in July, she knew she wanted to work with us!  What an absolute honor!!  Maybe a tinnnnny bit of pressure, but when I heard about what she was into, I was so excited.:)

Mary was a doll and a half to work with.  We had so much fun on her shoot, and she had some amazing ideas/locations/outfits…OH MY GOODNESS!!!  Editing these has been like a treat.  She loves fashion and is inspired by anything vintage, so she was right up my alley. She is almost as big of an Audrey Hepburn fan as I am.  Almost. :)  She also loves photography!  Not to mention she is super happy and sweet as could be.

We began her session in one of her favorite shoe stores Morrison & Me, and big thanks to the owners for allowing us freedom to shoot around their store.  It was beautiful.

Getting glammed up…

How crazy adorable is this girl??!!

Before leaving she found a new pair of shoes.  It was love at first sight.  (In the end she opted for this pair in black and they were AMAZING on her!)

Did I mention I had a blast editing these photos?  Vintage.  Yes ma’am.

Audrey? Audrey is that you??! :)

Mary has the most adorable smile and laugh that is completely uncontainable.  I would try to get her to give me a serious look, and this is what she would do. :)

Oh precious light, how I love you.

FAVORITE.  Like, I am screaming in my chair right now FAVORITE.

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E.

Wowzas.  She is smokin.

A couple Fred Egan inspired shots.  I love how playful and natural she could be right after being so glamorous.

She had to have her chucks shots.

No prompting….this girl knew how and where to go.

I LOVED this dress she put on last.  Her eyes and hair just looked great with it.

This was a new location, and I arrived 5 minutes early to scope it out.  We had so many fun things to work with.

Ummm, you need to consider following your sister to LA.  You are AMAZING!!

Mary, I had such fun with you!!! Thanks so so much for having me do your Senior photos. :)  All the best to you and your AMAZING future, whatever you choose to do!

October 29, 2008 - 5:01 pm

Annie@VarlandPhotography - Wow. Wow. Wow. She is fabulous and you did a great job!!!

My favorites are the one of her dancing with the pearls and with the umbrella.

October 29, 2008 - 6:30 pm

my B. - You nailed it! You captured Mary’s sweet spirit, sense of style, and playfulness into your photographs. She is just as beautiful inside as on the outside. She is precious to all who know her.

October 29, 2008 - 7:16 pm

holly rouse - jess and mary,
the both of you inspire me to no end.
also–I WANT TO SHOOT IN O’BRYANVILLE NOW! FOR SERIOUS!

thank you for letting me be your assistant for corinne’s shoot, ms. jess! ;)

October 29, 2008 - 7:28 pm

lucy - adorable! love the b/w photo where she’s glamming it up in the mirror and the “dirty alley” photo…too cool. what a fun photo shoot! nice job jess.

October 30, 2008 - 5:34 am

Alex - AYKM???

What a great session!! Hard to decide me for my favourite…
Yours is also mine… but the last couple ones are also HO-HO-HO-TTT!!!

Nice idea to go in a shoe store…
I wish there were much more seniors out here to have a shoot. But that´s “not normal” – unfortunately.

All the best you rockin´ photographers,
Alex

October 30, 2008 - 8:48 am

rebecky - OOOoh my goodness, I am crazy about this session. I can not say enough. I love every picture. Mary has a great look and style. My favorite senior session yet.

October 30, 2008 - 10:03 am

kelly - Amazing Jess! You have had some seriously rockin’ senior sessions this year!! You did a great job of using all of the colors, textures, and compositions to really bring out her personality :)

October 30, 2008 - 10:08 am

Barbie - i stalk a lot of photography blogs, and this one is one of my favorites. such a cute family and inspiring photos. this entry though, is out of this WORLD. you should be an actress or something mary, you are gorgeous. and i don’t have words for you ms. photographer. these photos are amazing. simply amazing.

October 30, 2008 - 11:09 am

courtney - Wow! These pictures are amazing. I’m adding you to my blog reader :)

October 30, 2008 - 4:05 pm

Rachel Brooke - These are incredible!! So many creative shots/poses.

October 30, 2008 - 5:47 pm

mary - OHHH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS. I had so so so so so much with you, Jess! I love the way the pictures turned out… you are seriously so amazing! I had such a specific idea of what I wanted my senior pictures to look like before I had even found a photographer. Guess what! THEY ARE PERFECTLY PERFECT. My vintage obsession was satisfied :) . Your work is so inspiring, and I hope I can be half the photographer you are some day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful and fun experience for my senior pictures! YOU ROCK.

October 30, 2008 - 7:43 pm

esther - I can’t believe that she is in high school! I wasn’t near that pulled together and flawless when I was in school, wait I’m still not. Beautiful pics!

October 30, 2008 - 10:50 pm

Jennifer Berry - that tunnel shot is ridiculous. so cool.

October 31, 2008 - 9:09 am

mary’s mom - Jess… you are incredible!! These are gorgeous. Everyone keeps asking which one is my favorite! How can I choose? (Although at this moment I’m really hooked on the long shot down the alley with the great light. And the yellow door pose. And the jumping one. And the profile by the glass block window. And the one in the park where her eyes are cut. And… oh you get it!!) You have an amazing eye, and even though I was standing right there I just can’t believe what you captured!! When the sister in Cali saw these she asked if she could do a session when she is back home. You are so talented… not to mention so great to work with. This was a wonderful experience!! Thanks so much, Kathy

October 31, 2008 - 12:37 pm

Jeri Hamrick - Wow!!!! Your amazing!!! I really want you to take my boys picture!!!! CALL ME 513.484.1974

October 31, 2008 - 2:19 pm

Sara - These pictures are GORGEOUS! You did a fabulous job!

November 2, 2008 - 12:02 am

Chatti - She sure knows how to move! What great pictures!

November 2, 2008 - 10:09 pm

gina w - these are fabulous! :) g

November 2, 2008 - 11:37 pm

Laura - Incredible! I am totally in awe! Seriously amazing, inspiring pictures!

November 3, 2008 - 4:10 pm

adam(3) - love your fav.

November 10, 2008 - 1:57 pm

Maya - I agree…she should head out to LA! These shots look like something straight out of a fashion magazine!

January 20, 2009 - 11:35 pm

jason - wow, i don’t know how i missed this one. this shoot is SO good.

January 30, 2009 - 4:06 pm

jason - i LOVE this shoot; did i already post that?

January 16, 2009 - 3:38 pm
October 16, 2009 - 9:03 am

just dance! | Cincinnati Wedding Photographers - [...] The GORGEOUS coaches!!!  Emily on the left, and Kathy on the right who is the Mama of one of my favorite people I have EVER photographed- Mary.  [...]