happy birthday {to my daddy}

I wouldn’t be who I am today without this man.  My Dad, William Wallace.  (Really, that is his name.)

The first man in my life, to hold and love me.  Thank you for teaching me the importance of creative expression, about art, about history, about thinking outside of the box.  Thank you for teaching all your kids about life, about God, about God’s creation and how to respect it. Thank you for teaching us the importance of music, and how it affects our lives.  Thank you for teaching me how to fire a gun, how to run, how to cast and reel, how to throw a perfect free throw and layup, and for the reward of taking me on a walk to the creek when I did.  The moments in my life where you have told me you are proud of me, I will cherish always- and the moments where I have fallen short and have disappointed you, I will never forget.

I thank God for you and your 65 years.  I am thankful for you voice, that sang me to sleep when I was a baby, and sang the words to my card last night at dinner.:)  Thank you for your goofy side, which I so gladly inherited. Thank you for being a support to me, even during times you may not have wanted to.   You are my Daddy, and I love and appreciate you.

Any idea where my love of photography comes from?

dad002

Only my Dad can pull off such a look as this super rad suit below. :)  And the painting on the wall by my crib was painted by him.

dadbday

Oh, and thank you for the scanner-without it I would not have been able to post these photos!!!

LOVE YOU DADDY!  Sorry this comes a few hours late. :)

January 22, 2009 - 1:58 pm

Ashie - I am sitting in class reading this with huge tears in my eyes! He is the most wonderful man who has ever lived! We love you Daddy!

January 22, 2009 - 4:13 pm

shannon selim - happy birthday papa wallace! he was a handsome guy!

January 22, 2009 - 5:12 pm

Ashie - Oh he is still handsome!! Hehe!

January 22, 2009 - 6:30 pm

bobbi - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Oh, and I’ve gotta tell ya… you look EXACTLY like your daddy :)

January 22, 2009 - 8:34 pm

William Wallace - Dear Jessie, You are killing me softly with your kind words.I always loved my babies but unlike many, I could not wait for you to grow up so you could be my friend. Now that you are an adult,I am so blessed to call you a friend. However, you are still uniquely my little girl and I would die for you.So fly on blythe spirit, spreading your love and beauty where you may and your father will remain in the place where he has been for some time(a place called quiety proud). Love Dad

January 22, 2009 - 9:00 pm

betsy - Wow! What a precious post! THese photos are the sweetest things!!!!!! Good gracious your dad just made me cry with his comment!

January 22, 2009 - 9:40 pm

Jen Emerson - There’s just something about a father and a daughter. If you’ve not been either, then it’s not possible for you to understand.

A daddy’s love is unmatched, unprecedented, and oh so deeply cherished.

Thanks for sharing, Jessica. Brought tears to my eyes.

Happy birthday, Mr. Wallace :)

January 23, 2009 - 12:35 am

lucy - awww, that’s so precious! happy birthday bill! duh! um, bill’s message just brought tears to my eyes. there’s nothing like the special bond between a daughter and her dad…

January 23, 2009 - 3:02 pm

gina@kiwistreetstudios - what a emotionally heartwarming post. i am a daddy’s girl and i know what your words mean. i lost my dad 6 years ago, but all he was, said and did is still with me in my heart. i do miss him being right here even though he is always right here. the blessings live on.
jess, you look just like your father, and your daughter looks like him too! just beautiful.
:) g

January 24, 2009 - 2:38 am

wrecklessgirl - omg…he is one handsome daddy-o!!! seriously, maybe it’s the camera in his hands, but… what a looker!!! so that’s where you get it ;)