some favorites of 2008 {children and families}

Oh my goodness, I didn’t realize how fun this would be!!  All I have to say is, it has been SO incredibly hard to choose between the wonderful families and children we have had the pleasure of documenting this year.  I am so glad it is you and not me that has to vote for ONE photo!  Choosing a few was HARRRD. ;)   In case you did not read the previous post, we are having a friendly competition!  Simply choose your favorite photo-this round you may choose ONE family + ONE child photo, so you get to PICK 2 PHOTOS! In the comment box, tell me the name and number and WHY you are voting for that particular photo.  If you don’t tell me why you are choosing, your vote is not counted. (Did I mention how fun this is that I get to make the rules??) The winner who receives the most votes will receive a complementary 8X10 from studio3z!!

Also, the competition is still on in the previous post {Seniors+Portraits} because it seems we are at a tie!  I will close that one tomorrow morning. :)

Below are some very wonderful people….some we have known, some we just met this year.  Each one in their own way has touched our lives.

Now get to voting! :)   Voting for this round will close on Wednesday at NOON.

#1 Leyla

#15 The S Family

#16 The V Family

#17 The C family

untitled-4

#18 The H Family

huntfamily2-1

For the families privacy, I only used the first letter of their last names….a few are the same, so PLEASE BE SURE AND PUT THE PHOTO # WITH THE NAMES!!!

Thanks. :)  Happy voting!!

January 19, 2009 - 3:37 pm

Barb - Family #10 – The S family because they look like they are having such a great time, and the old truck rocks.

Kid #2 Roxanna – because the movement is GREAT!

It was really hard to choose because they’re all so wonderful.

January 19, 2009 - 3:46 pm

Candice - #15 what a great shot and ALL of them look happy!!

January 19, 2009 - 3:51 pm

adam. - #3
rad.

January 19, 2009 - 4:01 pm

Brett - Adam…did you mean that little Luke was rad or that girl striking the ninja pose… It’s cool if you think Luke is rad, b/c he is, but it wasn’t the first thing that came to my mind :-) Thought you might have put the number with the pic above #3 rather than below it on accident…

January 19, 2009 - 4:33 pm

rebecky - child vote-#1 leyla because her faces are the best and she is a doll. family vote is the C family not sure the number, I like this one because the girls are being cute together and the whole family is enjoying them. Who does love being entertained by the little ones? but all the pictures are great and so hard to decide. Love all the little personalities of the children shown in the pictures. CUTIES

January 19, 2009 - 4:57 pm

kylee - #8 Zazi – I can’t get over this little guy’s eyes! and #11 (part of) the K family…you caught a beautiful moment between a mother and her daughter.

January 19, 2009 - 5:28 pm

adam. - hahah…well…..i meant luke, but the girl ninja is pretty rad too.

January 19, 2009 - 9:03 pm

Daniel - so many good ones…but i’ll stick with #10

great work

January 19, 2009 - 10:40 pm

AlyssaDawnPhotograph - omg! #9 GRACE and # The S Family

January 19, 2009 - 11:07 pm

Samantha Manning - I for sure vote for #15 The S Family! This picture can just make you smile so much, especially since I know them. It truly captures their happiness!

January 19, 2009 - 11:08 pm

Snow - I vote for #15 the Sandelowsky family. Maja has the cutest little smile!

January 19, 2009 - 11:15 pm

Greg - #15 This family seems do happy.

January 20, 2009 - 3:16 am

Chad - I really like the overall look of photograph #4. However, I am choosing #1 because the pensive look on Leyla’s face succeeds in evoking the most emotion (which art should do, right?). It may also have something to do with the fact that she is my little girl.

January 20, 2009 - 9:52 am

Angie Strader - I have to vote for Grace. She is lovely.

January 20, 2009 - 9:54 am

Angie Strader - #9

January 20, 2009 - 10:20 am

Gari Ann Dunn - #9 Grace – The photograph seems to capture that precious short time between childhood and womanhood. Beautiful.

January 20, 2009 - 10:21 am

Kelly (Daphne Photo Studio) - #11 (Part of) The K Family because I think you really captured that special love between mother and daughter. Plus the colors and composition are just great!

January 20, 2009 - 11:36 am

Nicole - They are all wonderful photo’s but my vote will go to the S family.

January 20, 2009 - 11:42 am

Bethany - #9 Grace — because the photo is both a playful and sophisticated view of a beautiful young woman.

#10 The W Family — this captures the love of parents beautifully.

January 20, 2009 - 12:36 pm

Konul - I have been trying to see the pictures since yesterday but for some reason only thing I see is Leyla’s picture and the text above the pictures. So I am voting without seeing all the pictures…
Leyla – my firstborn, this picture brings calmness and sadness to me at the same time. It reminds me of myself…

Even though I don’t know which picture of Zazi you are using, I read someone’s comment about his blue eyes. He is my blue-eye mini Chad. Zazi changed a lot since you took those pictures but I am sure his picture is still the best 6-month old boy picture you took :) .
Love,
Konul

January 20, 2009 - 3:40 pm

gina@kiwistreetstudios - omg! ALL of them because they are ALL awesome.
but my fav’s are #1 leyla because a) i love her name and b) i love
her curls, her soft feathery eyelashes and the quietness of the shot.
#15 the ‘s’ family because they are having soooo much fun and it shows.
g

January 20, 2009 - 5:49 pm

barb - The S Family one with them on the truck is just happiness. . .plain, silly, family, loving, happiness.

January 20, 2009 - 11:30 pm

jason - # 8 – Zazi, so cute
couldn’t pick just one family shot.

January 21, 2009 - 12:29 am

lucy - okay, i am in love with #8 Zazi…come on, the color of his eyes, his clothes, against white faux fur…oh and his perfect little face full of little boy wonderment! ugh! and for my family pic, i choose #15 the S family…okay, you totally captured the epitome of a fun happy family memory in black and white. it’s so great, i want to hang it on my wall and feign that i’m related.

January 21, 2009 - 9:20 am

Inna Kuznetsova - #1 for Leyla, My first impression was that, Why I don’t have such a beautiful doughter?

January 21, 2009 - 11:47 am

Wanda - #2 – Roxanna – she is my happy Karate Black Belt, ballerina, tap, & jazz baby! Family #15 – they look so happy with their beautiful smiles!

January 21, 2009 - 2:31 pm

holly rouse - i vote for josie and the w family…josie because i’ve met her and she’s just too stinkin’ cute for words, and the w family because i LOVE the colors…and the little redheaded boy. :)

January 21, 2009 - 3:05 pm

Jen C - I vote for #15 the S family!

January 21, 2009 - 3:10 pm

Alex - #15 The S-Family…. because…hmmmmm… it´s just the European choice ;)

All the best from cold Orlando
Alex

January 21, 2009 - 6:33 pm

Jen - Of course #18 the H Family! It’s a great shot and that guy is so hot..

January 22, 2009 - 7:52 am

Sandy - I vote for #14 The W Family – the colors in his hat really make the picture.

January 22, 2009 - 7:54 am

Grandpa - #14 The W Family – how can you not resist that face of my grandson !

January 22, 2009 - 10:31 am

L - #14 – love the colors, the baby bump, and that sweet little face!

January 22, 2009 - 10:52 am

C - #14 – The W Family – the colors are great!

January 22, 2009 - 4:15 pm

s - #14 the little bib overalls and that face is so cute !

January 22, 2009 - 5:52 pm

mel - #15 love everything about it.. s family. oh and ps. ive sent 3 different brides your way in the past two weeks!! everybody keeps asking for the same dates! ugh!! lol. annnnd mount st joe asked me to shoot the inauguration of the new president- cant do it cause of teaching…sent them your way today. dont know if you do that or not? heart mel.

January 23, 2009 - 12:19 am

Heather - #14 – Shamelessly voting for myself :)

January 23, 2009 - 9:57 am

mamaw - #14 the Wolff family, that is a true picture of family and of course who could not vote that my grandsons handsome face

January 23, 2009 - 10:50 am

cmo - #14 – The W Family – love the child’s expression!

January 23, 2009 - 10:55 am

m - #14 – for sure the w family.

January 23, 2009 - 4:25 pm

M - #15, the S family…they just seem so candidly happy, it doesn’t look like a photo session at all…it just seems to be a family moment captured, and I love that.

January 27, 2009 - 2:51 pm

brandy - missed the contest :) but LOVE #15. just thought id share!