some favorites of 2008 {love + marriage}

This is our final installment in our “favorites of 2008″ contest!   If you don’t know what I am referring to, we are having a friendly competition….We have chosen some of our favorites from the past year in the categories of love + marriage, and you get to vote on who should be the winner.  You may choose one from LOVE and one from MARRIAGE!!  (so you can have 2 picks) In the comment box below this post, you can tell the photo number, and WHY you are choosing that photo. (you must share why you are choosing it) The winner of each category will receive a FREE 8×10 from studio3z.

To all our couples below, we adore you!  It has been so fun to be a part of your lives, so thanks for having us. :)

****I will announce all the winner from the different categories on Monday.****

#1 {love}

#10 {love}

anniewestone-8

#1 {marriage}

#2 {marriage}

#3 {marriage}

16-9

Not really in the contest…just my favorite dress shot of the year. :)

Again, just one of my favorite ring shots of the year.

untitled-16

#4 {marriage}

#5 {marriage}

#6 {marriage}

#7 {marriage}

#8 {marriage}

#9 {marriage}

#10 {marriage}

untitled-15

#11 {marriage}

untitled-71

January 23, 2009 - 1:25 pm

shannon selim - #5 love, because love should be being at rest, which is what they look like, and #8 because I LOVE the sun and the way the background looks like a canvas!!!!!!

January 23, 2009 - 1:26 pm

Kelly (Daphne Photo Studio) - Love: #3 because I love the composition & colors, and Marriage #2 because it is SO fun and unique :)

January 23, 2009 - 6:20 pm

Erin - well, here goes.
#3 love.
-main reason, it made me laugh and there are more than just the initial words on the wall. there is added intereste with the couple doing something rather than being stoic :)
#2 marriage
-i love how it looks like they are in their individual cathedrals and the groom is thinking about busting out :D . much color, details, and activity.

great fun!

January 23, 2009 - 6:57 pm

mel - #2 love. i enjoy train tracks. :) i like the post processing too!

January 23, 2009 - 7:13 pm

Candice - #3 love
#9 marriage

January 23, 2009 - 8:02 pm

Kylee - #8 marriage…love that you have them kneeling and the way the light is coming through the veil!

January 24, 2009 - 12:46 am

holly rouse - number one love because i like the processing you used–really enhances the emotion of the shot. and number one marriage because it’s just so awwwwwwwwwesome and full of emotion and love and i just LOVE it. :)

January 24, 2009 - 1:41 am

Megan - I couldn’t decided between #7 and # 10 love and then I realized it’s the same couple….sexy!!! #7 tops it all for me…I would LOVE to have a picture of my man and I like that!!

January 24, 2009 - 9:18 pm

julia - #9 in “Love” is absolutely amazing because jess captured the light in such a fabulous way. With the sun so bright and gleaming, it reminds me of “that scene” at the end of a romantic movie where the two characters are declaring their love – que dramatic music, sun sets, they kiss, end scene. Love it! #9 in the marriage section is my other pick. the fall colors are outstanding, and they work so well with the bride’s fur, giving the image an almost vintage quality, plus it shows the true emotion of the day we had, which was so serene, happy, and blessed!

January 24, 2009 - 10:38 pm

Alex - #3 LOVE
#11 MARRIAGE (I always loved that pic!)

Best
Alex

January 25, 2009 - 1:13 am

Tina Louise - #8 Marriage – all the way beacause the way the light and the rays of light are flowing out from behind and through the couple. Sweet!

January 25, 2009 - 1:06 pm

Jen - Love #7: There’s no denying that these two are in love. The picture says it all and captures the heart of their relationship. Plus they’re hott! Marriage #8: It is just plain beautiful! And it captures the passion and gentleness of newlyweds. (And if we had to pick our favorite matron of honor, I’d have to go with that short-haired blonde chick in the very last picture!)

January 25, 2009 - 11:41 pm

Katelyn - #1 Love: I love how you captured them laughing and looking at each, having fun. I love the closeness of the shot.
#1 Marriage: Again the closeness and how affectionate the couple is, the ring on her hand near the middle of photograph.

January 27, 2009 - 2:49 pm

brandy - love them all. inspiring composition! makes me wanna shoot something. pictures. :)

January 27, 2009 - 2:50 pm

Renotta King - Am I too late?! Since you haven’t posted the winner yet, hopefully you’ve extended the deadline(?) #1 in Love – since she’s my daughter and I know her, I can personally attest that her inner beauty is bursting forth and when I saw this picture I was totally convinced that the love between she and Andy was the “real deal”.
#8 in the Marriage category (of course my bias is coming through again!) I love the sunset shining through as a benediction between them. It was a lovely closure to the end of a perfect day.

January 27, 2009 - 3:14 pm

Adrienne - i love number 8!!!!!! its beautiful…. it makes me want to get married one day.

January 27, 2009 - 3:16 pm

Adrienne - oh… my number 8 vote was for marriage…. my love vote goes to number one!!!

January 27, 2009 - 9:06 pm

Tony - Great wedding, fantastic images! I miss Cincy. I lived there for 6 years. I loved the old charm it has and all the great locations. I just wanted to tell you I love the image with the rings ad the grapes, love the color and the texture of the wood is amazing!. Keep up the great work.