on a personal note.

A few weeks ago I was working on compiling “favorites of 2008″ for our blog contest we were having.  As I was going through our year of photos, I realized all the personal photos that we had sitting there, and started reminiscing on all the memories we were able to capture.  I decided I should do something with them because having them sit around on our hard drive is not very fun.  So I began working on a new slide-show.  I think when I started off I had around 350 photos, and it was about 10 minutes long!  So I narrowed it down to around 210 pictures.   I debated on whether or not to post it on my blog, because frankly, I don’t know if people would really care to see these….they are just our memories from the year.  But, I figured there are so many of you that have followed our lives on here, so to you faithful blog readers, family and friends, I decided to share this little labor of love.  Trying to find a song for the right amount of time was very difficult as well.  I wanted it to have the right vibe for our family, and fit exactly to the amount of photos.  I won’t tell you how long I spent on that one.

I have to make a little disclaimer on here….

***Some of these photos are STRAIGHT OUT OF THE CAMERA and are not edited. You heard me right. Some are taken with our point and shoot as well. (All you photographers out there gasping, I apologize.)***

Some things you may see in this video:

Brett’s birthday

Gabe’s 1st birthday, Adin’s 6th birthday, Riah’s 4th birthday, Priya’s 9th birthday

My birthday

Gabe’s first haircut

Kid’s piano recital

First lost teeth

Riah learning to ride a 2-wheeler, and trying rollerblades

Trips and vacations

Home-school activities

Random kitchen dance parties

Many musical shows

Moments spent with friends and family

LOTS and LOTS of Gabriel! (It was kinda his year since he went from 6 mths. to 1 1/2!)

Most importantly, I hope you see a family with an abundance of happiness, and loads of LOVE to spare…..

Here it is!  The photos are in chronological order through the year.

February 20, 2009 - 3:37 pm

lucy - kinda made me teary eyed. i love it.

February 20, 2009 - 5:34 pm

Ange - GOGEOUS!! Beautiful, I going to do the same for my family, love it love it love it. Must admit that I neglect my own family photos, a lot get left on discs and never see the light of day, you’ve inspired me!!!

Big hugs
Ange

February 20, 2009 - 7:10 pm

gina@kiwistreetstudios - pretty darn amazing! it’s a funny thing, these blogs.
i feel like i know your family better than i possibly could.
beautiful and the music was perfect.
i, for one, am so glad you shared;)g

February 21, 2009 - 12:57 am

betsy - AWWWWW! Your family is just so beautiful and precious! Once again, I wish we were neighbors!!!!!

Lots of love to you guys. : )

February 21, 2009 - 2:12 am

Abra Morris - That was great. I simply loved it. Thank you so much for sharing a bit of your life with us.

February 21, 2009 - 3:22 am

Sharon - What a beautiful snapshot of what appears to be a year filled with fun and love. Again, your talent amazes me. Thanks for sharing your year in photos.

February 21, 2009 - 11:41 pm

holly rouse - i sometimes wonder if my future children will be able to be as cool, and amazing, and kind, and beautiful as yours. i hold you all very close to my heart.

February 22, 2009 - 3:39 am

Kylee - looks like a great year! loved all the pics :) p.s. i like that you guys share personal as well as professional!

February 22, 2009 - 11:24 am

Maya Laurent - What a great year for you guys! Your family seems so fun!

February 22, 2009 - 6:13 pm

jess w - so, so precious. love you guys a whole lot!!

February 22, 2009 - 10:33 pm

Ida - Wow, wow, wow! I have goosebumps all over my arms. Love just oozes out of every single one of those photos. I can’t believe you did so many things last year! :) And having four kids looks wonderful and crazy at the same time. We’re going for four here too – but we’re way behind since I’m only pregnant with our second… :)

You have so much talent (and good looks!!!!)

February 23, 2009 - 12:07 am

mateo - could i be smiling any bigger? you guys are the best. i echo lucy being a bit teary, too, – so many blessings this year!
here’s to many more ahead- love you all ::hugs::

February 23, 2009 - 2:10 pm

Eric - Thanks for sharing! Makes me want to get out my camera, roll back the clock and shoot!

February 23, 2009 - 2:18 pm

CTIP - Absolutely makes me want to hug everybody I’ve ever cared about.Beautiful shots and beautiful music.I almost cried…Almost.

February 23, 2009 - 5:30 pm

Ashie - My favorite post by far. You’ve had quite a year my love!

February 23, 2009 - 7:35 pm

mel - omg! i absolutely love all of them. jess, can you take a bad picture?!?!? yer beautiful!! and the rest of the gang is also so adorable!! my favorite are all the sleepy eyes. LOVE the just waking up look. I CANT WAIT TO HAVE MY OWN FAMILY!!! :) how lucky your kids are to have these fantastic pics forever. ahhh. amazing….

February 26, 2009 - 8:19 am

tj - absolutely beautiful…your kids are so blessed to have their memories captured in such a cool way!

March 2, 2009 - 9:51 pm

Laura - That was awesome. :)

July 17, 2009 - 2:05 am

Sandy - That was so wonderful…It made me long for the days when my kids wanted nothing but my time, rather than my car. Really a lovely tribute to your year…life is a blessing and you are fortunate to be so gifted in recording it! God Bless.

SJN