valerie+kate+sam {family session}

Oh, the power of Facebook!!  If not for the ultra-fab social network that we all so dearly love, I may not have reconnected with Valerie who went to the same small Christian school that Brett and I went to.  After we became “friends” on FB, she saw that we did photography, and soon after asked us about doing a session.  We scheduled the session and she and her 2 beautiful children made a 3 1/2 hr. trip up to see us.  (What an honor!) :)  The best part?  This is a surprise for her husband, so I can’t wait to hear what he thinks! :)

Here is beautiful, happy and energetic, five year old Kate-right out of the car!   I can’t tell you how much I love this photo of her that Brett captured.

And sweet, precious little Sam.  What a doll.  He is going to be 2 soon. :)

As you can imagine with a 5 and almost 2 yr. old- we moved around A LOT!!!  Here is Sam playing around with Mommy, Valerie.

Kate was running around and skipping.  I love her curls!!!

Still for a split second…and I love this sweet intimate moment.

Sam was chasing Brett around. :)

Kate and her Mama had some snuggle time.

Look at this handsome little man!!

Can’t you tell that Kate was sooooo camera shy??  I mean, really….very intimidated by a camera. :)

You guys are gorgeous.

leg hugs are fantastic.

I think Sam is going to have 2 women in his life that are always looking out for him.:)

These photos crack me up.  Kate reminds me so much of my daughter when she was that age.  Kate says to Sam, “Come on Sam, come down here!”  He says, “No.”  She says, “Well fine then….” (as she strikes her pose.) :)

Oh, and don’t you just LOVE her sequined handbag! :)  I love that Valerie let Kate be herself.

Oh my goodness!!

As we were leaving, Sam started having a ton of fun jumping off the curb. So they did it again, and again, and again…..

It made him a VERY happy little guy. :)

But, nothing compares to his basketball.  Sam LOVES his basketball.

Happy Babies. :)

Thanks Valerie for making the trek here to have us take your photos!! We loved meeting your beautiful children, and it really was a lot of fun. :)  Please let me know how the surprise goes…I hope he loves them!

All the best,

Jess + Brett

February 23, 2009 - 9:06 pm

Briony - These are all beautiful…the color is so vibrant.

February 24, 2009 - 12:19 am

Shannon Oscar - Totally unbiased, of course, but these are just the cutest pictures EVER! I LOVE them, Brett and Jessica. Fantastic, like all your work.

February 24, 2009 - 12:35 am

Abra Morris - BEE AH YOU TEE FULL. I know that looks cheesy typed out but it would be exactly the way I would say it. What an amazing job. You really captured how lovely and fun this family is. The Dad would be crazy not to LOVE them and then suggest another photo session with him included. :)

February 24, 2009 - 1:25 am

wrecklessgirl - i ADORE THESE!!! so jazzin’ cute, especially the last one. love. did i mention i love them? stinkin adorable. and all of the above. and stuff.

February 24, 2009 - 11:48 am

Shannon Selim - that little girl is hilarious! it must have been fun!

February 24, 2009 - 2:17 pm

holly rouse - oh my gosh. oh my gosh. family sessions just keep getting better!

February 24, 2009 - 4:48 pm

Amanda - Insanely, ridiculously CUTE. The strike-a-pose shot had me bustin’ a gut…can we say “personality?!” What a fun surprise for the Papa!!!

February 24, 2009 - 7:41 pm

gina@kiwistreetstudios - oh you guys, these are…all of the above comments and more.
and, yes, i have one of those little girls too…
it makes everything you do all that more fun…and interesting!!!

February 24, 2009 - 8:39 pm

mel - your brave to shoot outside in this cold weather!! adorable. i love this girl’s outfit. shes not afraid of color! that quick little intimate shot is going to give that mom the ability to snap back to that moment in time so quick. so cute. perfect.

February 24, 2009 - 10:00 pm

JoJo - I am the proud grandmother(JoJo)of Kate and Sam and I cannot wait to share these beautiful photos with friends and family!!! Too adorable for words!!!

February 25, 2009 - 1:44 pm

Alex - You´re right, the first one is awesome!
But also the others. You had a good connection to the kids.

Hm, I think I have to be more “efficient” with FB ;-)

Best
Alex

February 25, 2009 - 10:14 pm

Maya Laurent - Those shots of him on the step in the back and her in front crack me up!!! Gotta love Facebook for reconnecting with people!

February 27, 2009 - 4:14 pm

Deyla Huss - Love these!! I love that they arent all matchy matchy but all the colors look so beautiful on them and blend so well! Gorgeous shots!