claudine + steve + matthew. {family of three}

While visiting Los Angeles, we were so happy to do a shoot for Claudine and her family.  We shot all around their home in Redondo Beach, and let me just tell you, we left just a wee bit jealous of the gorgeousness that surrounds them everyday! Steve actually grew up in Redondo beach too!  How cool that he gets to live there now with his own family.

Starting off the shoot was like any other…getting to know each other and feeling comfortable.  Matthew took about .003 seconds to feel right at home. :)  I think this was literally one of the first 2 shots I took, and the only pic where he looks slightly shy.

Right off the bat we saw that Matthew was the little lover…always wanting to cuddle.

Could you guys look any more perfect?

We found this old church in the area a couple minutes before the shoot, and knew we had to go there.

This shot was completely Matthew’s idea…he said, “Let’s all look like we are sleeping.”

PERFECT + ADORABLE

Look at those big blue eyes.

and then DONE!

Just before sunset we went back and they got on their beach cruisers.  Claudine had the idea to incorporate them, and we thought that was SO great!!

One of my favorite family shots {ever}.

A Brett and Jess view…

first me (Jess)

and Brett’s view.

At this moment I was probably such a happy girl shooting in luscious California light…. and what was I shooting???

This sweet photo.  Matthew and Dad are pretty good pals.

He couldn’t decide…

“to get wet, or not.”

Sweet :)  Claudine, you look beautiful!

Towards the end of our shoot Brett’s brother brought us all coffees + a hot chocolate for Matthew.  It was the PERFECT treat at the end of our 2 hrs of running around.  After we all took a few sips Matthew busted out with a “HOLLLLAA!”   Needless to say we were all laughing our butts off.

Boy, did he get a second wind!  He must have gotten word that the last 5 minutes of the shoot were for his solo modeling career. :)  He rocked it out.

Little cutie.

Claudine, Steve, and Matthew: Thank you guys so much for letting us come out there and invade your turf!!  We had so much fun meeting and hanging with your sweet family. :)  Matthew, you are such a cool kid!!  One of the coolest 5 yr. olds I have ever met.  Hopefully we will see you again down the road….

*LOVE*

jess + brett

March 19, 2009 - 12:33 pm

Amanda - Dang, I want Brett and Jess to come shoot my family. ;) AWESOME!

March 19, 2009 - 12:49 pm

Briony - i love all of the beach pics…such a fun shoot

March 19, 2009 - 1:02 pm

Kelly (Daphne Photo Studio) - Jess + Brett = freakin’ AmAzInG!!!

March 19, 2009 - 1:49 pm

wrecklessgirl - i love the bike on the sidewalk with the little boy in the lead. so darng (dang+darn) cute!!!!

March 19, 2009 - 2:18 pm

Maggie - So after looking over all the LA pictures plus Amy and Caleb’s wedding…I’m crying. No seriously! Your pictures are breathtaking and I can’t wait for you guys to capture my memories for me! You two have a gift…

March 19, 2009 - 5:53 pm

mel - where have you been all our lives? lol. annd family of chucks. SO cool. yer going to have some sweet opportunities at barbs wedding with those babies!!

March 19, 2009 - 9:06 pm

alisha - I LOVE the bike ones! definitely show family personality!

March 20, 2009 - 1:26 pm

rebecky - My favorite family shoot to date. The family is beautiful and the little boy should be a model–he works that camera. Can’t pick just one cause I love them all. The beach, bikes, and coffee makes it all a family fun trip instead of a “photo session” –loved it all. Great job.

March 22, 2009 - 10:28 pm

Maya Laurent - I love the sleeping one! He came up with some great poses!!! Jealous that you got to shoot in the sand…and awesome CA sun!

March 23, 2009 - 1:00 pm

Mary Marantz - these are awesome! LOVE that last one!

March 23, 2009 - 7:47 pm

Susan Solo - What a cute cute family! Love all of the beach cruiser-bike photos. I hope those are printed HUGE and displayed somewhere!

March 24, 2009 - 11:00 am

Lana Cease - Love ALL of the pics, very beautiful.

March 29, 2009 - 9:13 pm

Allison Davis - That is one incredible family session! And that’s how it should be done ladies and gentlemen… Great, great stuff! Love the portraits, love the bikes and the play time – it’s just great!!

April 8, 2009 - 10:15 am

lucy - i totally missed this shoot while i was in india, but i’m glad i backtracked….awesome shoot! such a great family session! love it!