heather + rodney {in love}

Meet Heather and Rodney!  Brett and I have known Rodney for years because he went to the same small private high school that we went to.  Heather is a very good friend of one of our favoritest brides ever, Julia:)

Funny story….after they got engaged they were hanging out with some family and friends.  One friend was Julia, (our past bride I mentioned) and Rodney’s Mom was there as well.  They were discussing who to use for the upcoming wedding and when photography came up, Julia said, “I have the PERFECT photographer for you guys!!”  Then Rodney’s Mom said to Rodney, “I’ve heard that some people you went to school with have a good photography business….”  After they both took turns discussing why THEIR choice for a photographer was better, they finally figured out they were talking about the same people- US. :)

For their session we decided to shoot around Newport on the Levee, which has special meaning to them- we love that!

They met here.:)

They are SOOO adorable.

This is our, “sit like a girl, and sit like a dude” series.

These are so them.

We had gorgeous light that evening….

Love the light….love them!

Her hair blowing in the wind was just perfect…..

The first few shots we did were in a small alleyway.  Brett, AKA “spiderman” scaled this wall to stand on a ledge (one foot) and piping (other foot).  I swear he does this just to freak me out.

(Bobbi, this one’s for you, because I know you love Brett’s antics.)

Rodney and Heather….you guys were troopers.  Thanks for dealing with having your photos taken.  Not SOOOO bad right? :)

We are super excited for your upcoming June wedding!!  It will be so much FUN!!!!

April 20, 2009 - 4:13 pm

lucy - very cool. these photos had to be cheesy easy with such a cute couple. you make cincy/newport look so cool. i’m almost happy to live here.

April 20, 2009 - 4:29 pm

Julia - YES! You know i have been waiting for this post, and here it is :-) Where to begin…. as always, you guys did an amazing job, in fact every time i check the blog, your work just gets better – if that’s even possible! These are two of my favorite people in the whole world, and i think you pegged their personalities to a T. I love the sepia tone shot with the big “Jefferson” in the background; the girl and guy poses are cracking me up; the one where they are sitting on the ground with her head on his shoulder is priceless; The series of shots with the bridge and sunset in the background are steamy – ow! ow! and i must say my favorite fave of the session has to be heather’s hair blowing… how gorgeous is that girl?! Jess and Brett, can’t wait to see you guys at their wedding in June :-)

April 20, 2009 - 4:51 pm

adam - stellar shoot.
nice to see bretts monkeying around as usual.
cant wait till my hand better so i can join him….haha

April 20, 2009 - 5:07 pm

Nathan Walker - i love this session – this couple looks like a ton of fun!! you caught some great moments here :)

April 20, 2009 - 5:24 pm

Rodney - Thank God for talented photographers and the most amazing and beautiful fiance… almost makes up for my awkwardness… almost. Brett and Jessica… you guys are truly the best! Love seeing that homegrown CCHS talent in action! The wedding will be a blast…
Hay Mae… you’re breathtaking.

April 20, 2009 - 6:09 pm

Amy - Heather and Rodney- Beautiful pictures of a beautiful couple! Absolutely GORGEOUS!

April 20, 2009 - 6:23 pm

Mary Ann - Adorable!! LOVE the romantic close-up with the bridge in the background as well as the one of you guys leaning against the building where Heather is laughing! Love to see you guys making each other so happy! Congrats!!

April 20, 2009 - 8:21 pm

Briony - these are awesome! i love the bridge ones and the ones showing you all in action :)

April 20, 2009 - 11:26 pm

Heather - Jessica and Brett… as much as Rod and I hate getting our picture taken, these are just amazing photographs! You guys are awesome and fabulous, I could not say enough thanks! .. I can’t even pick a favorite! June 6th will be here before we know it, and its such a good feeling knowing already that we’re going to love the pictures afterward! Love them!:)

April 21, 2009 - 12:23 am

gina@kiwistreetstudios - you’re right, the light was golden and i love how it played up all the textures…great locations, great shots, great couple!
but…where’s the picts that brett took while he was climbing all over the place?????? ;) g

April 21, 2009 - 3:23 am

d@urbanvisionstudios - Jessica and Bret- I frequent your blog– and I think that image #13 (vertical shot with bridge in the background at sunset) might be my favorite that you’ve ever posted. You inspire me to no end!

April 21, 2009 - 8:11 am

bobbi - AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Great session!!!!! However, my FAVORITE is the shot of Brett in the alleyway :) Brett, you’re flipping awesome :D Thanks for the shoutout, you both rock rock rock!

April 21, 2009 - 6:17 pm

Erica - I’ve been blogstalking you two since I found your site a month ago through prophotoblogs, which I now have, :) Love the shots of Brett scaling the wall – but I want to see the resulting photos! Love your work!

April 21, 2009 - 11:39 pm

rebecca-linh - best action shot EVER!

April 23, 2009 - 10:56 am

Alex - Absolutely beautiful!!!!! It´s really “big tennis” ;-) Great locations, perfect play with light and a Spiderman in action! Best from Germany, Alex… the Alex *sing*

April 23, 2009 - 8:48 pm

Last Forty Percent - Big fan of the third photo and so many others. Really great work.

June 23, 2009 - 4:29 pm

heather + rodney {are married!!} » studio3z photography - [...] may remember Heather and Rodney from there fun engagement session HERE.  Brett and I went to school with Rodney, and one of our past brides is one of Heather’s [...]