kelly + mark. {in love}

As soon as I met these two at our first meeting, I knew I wanted to shoot their wedding.  I am quite the competitor, but more so with myself than anyone else.  I am always trying to look at my system, my work, and trying to step it up a notch as much as I can.  When we met Kelly and Mark, they had a very clear idea of what they were looking for, and they wanted something “different.”  Most guys come to meetings and listen as the bride talks about their wants…..Mark had a mental list.  He knew all the “tricks” of the trade, all the cliche’ poses, everything! :)  It made me laugh, and it made me want to give them exactly what they were looking for.

So, they chose us…and we are so happy they did.  They had a couple fun ideas for their engagement session, and they loved the idea of keeping things personal.  One idea was a night shoot, and then after they saw this one we did in LA HERE they said, “That’s it!!”  We decided to work around sunset and into the night, and I am so happy with the results we got.

Meet Kelly and Mark :)  Aren’t they just adorable?

Loved this little area we found.

We worked around an area near their home, where they hang out often.

{they are} perfect.

They like to sit by the river and look out at our city, watching the lights dance on the water.  They really loved the idea of capturing that…..

We did too.  I love this shot.

How fun?!

LOVE!

Couple action shots-they crack me up.  As I was looking at Kelly + Mark I said, “Awesome!! I love it guys!” Then I turned around to see Brett sprawled out and I said, “HAAA! I LIKE THAT TOO!!”  SO here is me shooting Brett, at the same instance he was shooting me.  I had no idea he took that one of me until I loaded the cards.  I look like such a dude when I am in serious mode. :)

Stretch it Brett!

Kelly and Mark!!! We can’t wait until your wedding in September!  It will be just beautiful!!! :)

jess and brett

May 11, 2009 - 2:36 pm

kelly - I LOVE THEM!!! I have been super geeked since I saw them! I cant wait until September. I have been skipping around showing everyone! Thanks SOOO much!

May 11, 2009 - 2:43 pm

nancy dawson - These are gorgeous! jess and brett, can I snag a few of these to link to you on my blog?? I cannot wait to meet and work with you!

May 11, 2009 - 3:24 pm

jules @ cep - Wow… these are amazing. Love the photos! So jealous Lindsey is doing this wedding instead of me! Can we feature a few on our blog??

May 11, 2009 - 3:25 pm

Erin - Hey, Kelly’s matron of honor here…. these pictures are truly awesome, what perfect background… it fits Kelly and Mark perfectly. Cannot wait to see what the wedding photos will look like!!!

May 11, 2009 - 4:10 pm

shannonselim - thats cincinatti? parts of it look like england, which i’m sure is pretty hilarious to you, but some of the shots look like the row houses in england and the river could have been the thames… i need to come visit… so pretty!

May 11, 2009 - 4:24 pm

Lynn - Kelly and Mark,
These photos are beautiful. One of them brought tears to my eyes because, Kelly, you look so much like your Mom. Love, Aunt Lynn

May 11, 2009 - 6:39 pm

lucy - are you serious??? steppin’ it up a notch indeed! what a cool couple! i love these photos…esp. the ones at music hall and the sexy night shots! can’t wait to see the magic you’ll be shooting at their wedding!!!!

May 11, 2009 - 6:41 pm

lucy - um, i thought those mural shots were music hall, but upon second glance i think i’m mistaken….nonetheless…I LOVE THEM!

May 11, 2009 - 8:15 pm

Nicki - These were hot! i felt like a peeping Tom. Good Show. Brett better be careful he doesn’t pull a hammy.

May 11, 2009 - 9:40 pm

Briony - i love the second one!

May 12, 2009 - 9:14 am

Steve Z - gorgeous pics + super fun locations!! you guys are AWESOME!!

May 12, 2009 - 9:38 am

Susan Solo - Love all of these, but I especially looooooovvvveeee the night shots! And note to Kelly: your dress is gorgeous! You totally worked it out.

May 12, 2009 - 3:22 pm

Erin - The skyline photo is amazing! Lovely work!!

May 15, 2009 - 10:53 am

Deyla Huss - Fabulous job!!! these are super stunning images!

May 24, 2009 - 3:04 pm

Maya Laurent - Those night shots are just awesome!