just dance!

When I received an email from one of my past Senior’s Mama about taking photos of the dance team she worked with, I have to say I was at first a bit reluctant.  Working with my Senior girls is one thing- we run around for 2 hrs. having a blast, and it is just so laid back and fun-and one person.  This was a High School girl dance team consisting of 25 GIRLS!!! *gulp* Yeah, not sure about that.  But Kathy told me how she wanted something unique, something different for these girls to look back on rather than the “normal” dance team shots.  I’m always up for what I would view as a “good challenge” so I accepted.

Can I just say THANK YOU Kathy?!  Totally blew my expectations out of the water!  These girls ROCKED, and as I told Kathy in an email afterwords, I know I would fall madly in love with them if I got to spend any more time with them!  They were a delight to work with.

Now I am happy to present: The Mason High School Dance team!!!

This first shot I was just testing the light while they showed me a dance….wish I would have taken more of them dancing.

Aren’t they just adorable!?!

We just had to do it up studio3z style. :)  And trust me, they had NO TROUBLE showing me what they’ve got!

Our sky was UNREAL that day.

THE FRESHMEN!

THE SOPHOMORES!

JUNIORS!!

SENIORS BABY!!!

The GORGEOUS coaches!!!  Emily on the left, and Kathy on the right who is the Mama of one of my favorite people I have EVER photographed- Mary:)

The silly shot…..You always have to have one.

We never have people to take photos of the 2 of us in action but happened to for this shoot (2 wks. ago), and the one in Cali this past weekend. A major “DUH” to me about wearing the same outfit??!  What a dork-ball.  Next time I bring someone along to take photos of us in action I’ll be sure to wear this sweater again.

Speaking of that someone, my friend Meagan (and also former Senior) came along to shoot, take photos of us, and best of all make a coffee run for us!!;)  Thanks Meagan!

Thanks to ALLLLL you girlies!!  You were so great to work with.

Ok, I’m off to go dance myself. ;)

October 16, 2009 - 9:13 am

lucy - how adorable was that shoot? too cute and lots of fun! lovin’ it!

October 16, 2009 - 9:36 am

Nichole - wow, these girls are blessed to have had the opportunity to have these to look back on. how fun! LOVE your style….i hope all of these girls NEVER go on to traditional photographs!!! you guys rock! love to see you in action too!

October 16, 2009 - 10:07 am

April Cochran-Smith - How cool! I love the one that’s shot “studio3z style” – awesome.

October 16, 2009 - 10:08 am

April Cochran-Smith - ps-you SHOULD always wear that sweater because it’s AMAZING!

October 16, 2009 - 10:12 am

Liz - Okay wow! They are so original and GORGEOUS! What an awesome team photo shoot!! I love all the shots, honestly. I also LOVE that they wore their own clothes rather than the uniforms!

October 16, 2009 - 10:56 am

holly - these are so fabulous! and meagan is very lucky…

October 16, 2009 - 11:01 am

jaz - so, i’ve been replaced by Meagan. it could be worse.

October 16, 2009 - 11:15 am

rebecca-linh rodgers “r-lr” - these are awesome! more than awesome– fabulous!

October 16, 2009 - 11:30 am

Coach Kathy - EEEEEE!!! They are everything I had hoped and so much more!!! The shots of the classes melt my heart!! I even like the shot of me… I never like my photos! You are magic!! How about next year we take the team to Cali, you wear that sweater and let’s see what happens! (if only!) You and Brett were AMAZING to work with! Can’t wait to see the whole batch! Love you!!

October 16, 2009 - 11:39 am

betsy - This is AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!! LOVE everything about this!!!

PS Where did you get that sweater? Love it!

October 16, 2009 - 2:06 pm

Candice {The Beautiful Mess} - i am lovin’ those wide shots on the bleachers! so fun!

October 16, 2009 - 5:46 pm

Maya Laurent - Okay what a brilliant idea to get some more seniors too! You now have customers for life! This post is soooo much fun!

October 17, 2009 - 8:29 am

Kathy D. - Awesome shots and so unique. Can’t wait to get the CD!

October 18, 2009 - 9:06 am

Kelly Lawhorn - Love,Love, love them!!!!!!!!!!! Sign us up for Ashley’s senior pictures this summer and all future pictures we have taken! Kelly

October 18, 2009 - 4:54 pm

Lauren - You never cease to impress me. One of my favorite things to do in the morning is get a cup of coffee and surf your blog. Thanks for posting!

October 18, 2009 - 4:56 pm

Lauren - oops, I realized I posted the wrong blog link, let’s try this again. lol.

October 19, 2009 - 3:57 pm

Susan Solo - Can I just tell you that I WISH I had photos like these from when I was in school? They are just so fabulous. (And as a side note: no “gulp” necessary – I’m pretty sure you two could photograph AN.Y.THING. and have that fabulousness come across.)

October 29, 2009 - 12:09 pm

Nicole Frees - i just wanted to say thanks SSSSOOO much for taking our photos for Mason High School. We ALL are in love with them. But we all wanted to put them on our own facebook’s and things like that but you cant copy them ?! We can’t figure out how to copy them to our computer and put them on our websites. Just curious on how you do that. If you could email me back that’d be great(: THANKS !!! You and brett are adorable and AMAZINGG !