eveline mae {before + after}

I have had the same group of girlfriends for what seems like forever.  We all went to a very small elementary/high school, and we formed relationships that resemble “sisters” more than just “friends.”  Most of us met at different stages along the way, but the group of us have been tight ever since.

Nearly 11 years ago, I was young. :)  Tracy and I were in the same prego boat.  We had no clue what we were doing, but we managed to bring a little boy and a little girl into this world just 5 months apart.  We were kind of pioneers in this new world of motherhood amongst our friends, but we had a lot of fun together trying to figure things out.  We spent many days hanging out together with our little ones, and together watched them grow.  She also watched as I had another, and another, and another….she took her time a bit more. :)  When my girlfriends found out that Tracy and her hubby Jason were expecting their second baby, 10 yrs. after their first, WE WERE THRILLED!

A couple weekends ago I hosted a baby shower for her.  Tracy’s sister was due just a couple weeks before her and it was great seeing two beautiful pregnant ladies. :)  We had a fall theme, and Brett made some fantastic squash soup.  One of my favorite things we did was each decorate “onesies” for the baby.

Tracy wanted to be surprised on the sex of the baby, which I think is rad and is what we did on all 4.  I’ll tell you, it’s the best surprise in the world!!!

Here were our little shirts when we were done.  Can you guess mine?

I had to snap a few of the beautiful belly. :)

Minus a couple of “the girls,” here we are.

And then….SHE arrived one week after the shower!!!  Eveline Mae graced us all with her presence in this world a little earlier than expected.

Dark hair, and a tiny little body.

Mama and her girl…I have to say how odd it is saying that, since Nate has been their only child for 10 years.  But what a wonderful blessing.

The whole family.  They are all just smitten by her. :)

Nate is going to be an amazing big brother!  He is very sweet with her.

She is so precious….my ovaries were starting to hurt. (just kidding mom!)

Ok, no I’m not.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this family photo.  This is so precious to me.

Jason, you are such a good Daddy.

*OH MY GOODNESS*

This one just melts me.  I hope Eveline can always look at this, and know how incredibly LOVED she is by her family.

Tracy, Jason and Nate…God has blessed you, and I am so overjoyed!!  The day she arrived I was on such a “joy high.”  (My sister got engaged that day as well!)

I can’t wait to watch her grow, and watch the kiddies play together.  I love you guys!!  And I love little Evie! :)

~jess

November 23, 2009 - 3:23 pm

Barb - So beautiful and so intimate!

November 23, 2009 - 4:06 pm

Jen Hauer - OH MY GOSH! Jess- these are beautiful!!! Apsolutely Stunning.

November 23, 2009 - 4:37 pm

Jessica Gast - I can’t wait to meet her! She’s beautiful! Congrats Tracy and Jason!

November 23, 2009 - 8:36 pm

Adrienne - i’m gonna guess you made one of the moon ones!?

November 23, 2009 - 10:52 pm

lucy - she is so beautiful…just like her mama. love.

November 24, 2009 - 2:36 am

kelly beane - love the fall shower decor and stunning images!!

November 24, 2009 - 8:59 am

Julie Massie - These are absolutely gorgeous! I came across your blog a couple of months ago when starting my photography business and I always love checking in and seeing your latest work. You take beautiful photos, and your heart seems just as lovely. God bless!

November 24, 2009 - 10:43 am

Hannah Gebhard - Wow absolutely gorgeous she is so cute I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE NEW BABIES AT CHRISTMAS TIME :)

November 24, 2009 - 11:44 am

Lisa Boland - The richness and beauty of these photos is outstanding.
Evie is gorgeous! The natural light captures every detail of her amazing baby-ness. I especially love the one of Evie and Nate looking at each other on the blanket.
Congratulations Hauers, on the expansion of your blessed family.

November 24, 2009 - 10:14 pm

holly - so adorable. time for another one! ;)

November 26, 2009 - 11:18 am

jess w - She’s perfect. So beautiful with all that dark hair. I can’t wait to hold her! So happy for you guys!!

November 29, 2009 - 2:39 pm

Maya Laurent - Love the decorated onesies. And what beautiful photos to capture her birth.

August 3, 2011 - 6:00 pm

patty - (i’m joining the party a little late! can’t imagine how beautiful she is by now!!) what beautiful shots… beautiful family, and that last shot… oh my.

December 10, 2010 - 10:20 am

happy birthday, evie mae {one year} | studio3z photography :: Cincinnati Wedding Photographers :: Destination Wedding Photographers - [...] a little over a year ago, this sweetie pie girl was born to one of my dearest friends, Tracy. Evie is such a fun, outgoing, [...]