baby sophie {newborn}

I just adore doing newborn sessions.  Not only for the obvious reason (they are mushy balls of sweet sugar you could just eat up)…but also the honor of being able to witness the birth of a family.  Wether it is a first child, or an additional child, a new family is reborn as each one comes  into this world.  I can’t think of many things that are more magical in life.   I think having photos done in those first few early days is such an important thing….to capture this new glowing love between each person.

Stephanie and Chris welcomed baby Sophie into this world last month, and they couldn’t possibly be more happy.

she is a sweetie…. rarely cries…..

and she completely lights up their life.

LOOK AT THAT FACE! :)

I love this moment.

little baby skin :)

so precious!

*love*

what a sweetie!

Stephanie and Chris, thank you for having us into your home to capture your sweet little Sophie! :)  We can’t wait to watch her grow!

December 16, 2009 - 9:22 am

Christine - These are all so gorgeous! Great job! I can’t wait until my friends start having their babies in January so I can really get into take baby photos. I have only done them a few times previously.

December 16, 2009 - 10:23 am

holly - ah! baby! makes my ovaries ache…just kidding…

December 16, 2009 - 10:32 am

Sandy - So beautiful…I love newborn shots…esp love the one with the windows reflected in her eyes, and the maroon rug…brings out her little rosebud lips…makes me wish…nah, scratch that.

December 16, 2009 - 12:07 pm

mel - as if i wasnt excited enough for sunday..i just got a little bit more pumped:)

December 16, 2009 - 12:25 pm

Amanda - Oh my! So BEAUTIFUL! Makes me so sad I missed my nephew’s birth earlier this year, though my photos aren’t anywhere near the amazingness that is yours and Brett’s, still, wish I’d been there.

December 16, 2009 - 5:48 pm

Gail - Oooh – these are so so sweet. And man, you REALLY know how to make a girl covet a macro lens!

December 16, 2009 - 8:03 pm

Cathy - These are incredible. I especially love the b&w’s. But the shot of dad kissing her forehead is my fave. :)

December 17, 2009 - 3:58 pm

Susan - Hold her, kiss her, love her, keep her warm and healthy. You are blessed.

December 17, 2009 - 8:25 pm

Adam Cavanagh - Gorgeous work!!

December 18, 2009 - 9:41 am

Wendy - What great pics…she is absolutely beautiful and so sweet. Hold her near for as long as you can…they grow up so quick.

December 22, 2009 - 12:01 pm

oneshotbeyond - I can’t get enough viewing of cute little newborns! With a 16 and 13 year old I am missing the days of little babies. So adorable!!!

December 29, 2009 - 6:20 pm

Angie - I look at these almost every day. My favorite little brother, my favorite new niece, a beautiful new mother, and two wonderful, creative photographers! What a combination for me!