uncle jason + the kids

If you follow our blog then most likely you have seen Brett’s brother Jason on here more than once.   Even though he lives in L.A., he makes it out here to Ohio at least a couple times a year.  Last year we did a session of Jason with the kids for his year end CD, and he loved the idea so we decided to make it a tradition.  We took the photos below when he was in town for Thanksgiving, and I am just now getting them posted….things were just sooooo busy.

Jason is single and kidless (hear that ladies?) but he calls these “his kids” and often thanks me for raising them for him :)  (Although I can only take credit for 4 below).  When he comes to town he LOVES hanging with our 4 kids, and Chad’s 2 kiddos, and then when he leaves I am asked, “When is Uncle J coming back?” about 400,000 times.  Remember Chad and his family?  Click here to have a refresher.  Two babies are his and my beautiful sister-in-law’s.

Love this. :)

The first and last time I let my daughter be her own stylist…..

Can you tell they are all crazy about their uncle?

Chad’s 2 babies.

Our brood.

This was the first time Gabe “got” the whole Uncle J thing.  And now he is nutso too.  He has asked almost EVERY DAY since we saw J in November, “Mama, where J? J in air-pane?”

:)  These all made me smile.

If you are into music you may want to check out Jason’s “song of the day site” and follow him on twitter.

Happy Monday!

January 11, 2010 - 11:27 am

jason z - my eyes are watering over here

January 11, 2010 - 11:43 am

Lora - mine are too. precious.

January 11, 2010 - 12:29 pm

Kim - Jason, love it when you smile! # 2 is my favorite. Love your simple smile.

January 11, 2010 - 1:26 pm

shannon selim - ash and adam better hurry up so they can contribute some more beauty to this amazing ensemble!!! ;)

January 11, 2010 - 2:07 pm

Pauline - I adore these.. fabulous pictures, beautiful children.. and J’s looking good too :)

January 11, 2010 - 2:23 pm

jason z - man, now i want 5x7s of these too (i think i missed some of them in my original request).

January 11, 2010 - 5:03 pm

Anneke - Love all of them, but the last one is GREAT!!!!!!

January 11, 2010 - 7:46 pm

erin - i don’t know any of these people but i am teared up too! perfect stuff.

January 11, 2010 - 10:27 pm

lucy - i heart all of these! how precious everyone of those babies are…especially the big one. love.

January 12, 2010 - 10:15 am

rustemgurler - great photos, especially perfect for the latest :)

January 12, 2010 - 9:20 pm

Kathryn Wilson - Absolutely love these! This post just jumped out at me on my blog reader – one of the most fabulous sessions I’ve seen for a while. Love the tones in them!

January 13, 2010 - 7:36 am

Perel Alexander - Very beautiful family, amazing kids…

January 13, 2010 - 9:18 am

Gail - Ummm..yeah, so, your bro-in-law is hot, single, lives in LA and just sounds all-around-cool. Not sure how he’s still single ;)

Love this set Jess! He seems like such a sweet uncle. Now, would he volunteer to babysit? hahaha

June 23, 2010 - 4:09 pm

california dreaming. | studio3z photography :: Cincinnati Wedding Photographers :: Destination Wedding Photographers - [...] Last week we went to LA for a few days.  If you have been visiting our blog for a while, then you know we make the trip out there a time or two a year for photo sessions, and for fun with Brett’s brother Jason.  [...]

March 16, 2011 - 4:43 pm

birthday pie | studio3z photography :: Cincinnati Wedding Photographers :: Destination Wedding Photographers - [...] was my Uncle J’s birthday. I was sitting with Baba, enjoying my blackberry pie with my yummy coconut milk ice cream, [...]

April 29, 2011 - 3:37 pm

like Uncle J. | studio3z photography :: Cincinnati Wedding Photographers :: Destination Wedding Photographers - [...] you’ve been around this blog at all then you know of the mutual obsession between my kids and their Uncle J.  Recently, he was in town for Brett’s birthday. The morning he was going to leave and was [...]